Tales from the Appalachian Trail of service & sustainability, good people, and the bewildering cycle of life!

October 7, 2012

206 Miles & Counting

Greetings once again dear friends and family,

206 miles remain. I still struggle to clearly comprehend what has happened, and what continues to happen each day. Perhaps, I conflict to comprehend because, as I sit here and tap this post on my new smart phone - wirelessly connected to a world I have not exactly known recently - my body and mind crave rest, silence, and a reflective space to appreciate.

A few themes, however, have begun to bubble to the surface:

1) Contrast
2) Gratitude
3) Balance
4) Respect

It has been quite a holistic journey. In this, I eagerly await the finish of this finite experience with patience and appreciation for what has been, and for what will come.

Thank you to all of you for your love, support, and positive thoughts. I look forward to sharing more as the patient flower of reflective gratitude future blossoms.

Till then...

Good day, good eve, and a great 'morrow!

Alan





4 comments:

  1. Hey Al,

    It is good to see that you are nearing the end of you journey. I am pleased to see that you are this far into it and still in reletively good spirits. You make me proud to see that you are following through with the whole plan and are out there making a difference and bettering this world...even if it is parts that most of us do not see. I know that it has been hard at times but, still at times I am envyous that you have this chance to travel (in it's most basic from) and see these parts of the country as well as do the service projects you are doing. Take care of yourself and each other on this, the last leg of your journey. Bless you and I hope to hear from you soon.

    Chris Bledsoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Chris. I appreciated your feedback and the acknowledgement that you passed on. My "success" with finishing, etc. is easily attributed to the positivity and faith that people like you passed along; so, thank you for that!

    I hope that the next step in your life has already begun to reveal itself; I wish you well! Good to hear from you :)

    ReplyDelete