Tales from the Appalachian Trail of service & sustainability, good people, and the bewildering cycle of life!

May 18, 2012

Thankful for the Outdoors!

I had the unique chance to help co-teach a graduate class focusing on outdoor programming recently. As I was sharing with those in the class, some of the takeaways and things learned don't always materialize sense to our conscious minds for minutes, days, weeks, and years to come.

I feel to state that I appreciate this patience that I must demonstrate. I also feel to express how thankful I am for the outdoors. That realm is one that I have yet to grow tired of. While other aspects of human life has brought ups, downs and disinterest, the outdoors remain mysterious, beautiful, and unique! What a blessing it is when we can leave the comforts of our human society and travel into the out-of-doors.



Little remains between now and my bus ride to Maine on June 12th. I move from Boone on May 25th, then I am taking a Wilderness First Responder course in NE Pennsylvania. Fortunately, I have a week and a half to plan final details and pack. The excitement feels about the same - steady and consistent; the patience game, on the other hand, remains steady as seemingly always for me in my life. 

Thank you to the powers that be which continue to teach me what I need most in life!
Best of luck to those beginning their summer, and thank you for your unique gifts of self :)

Best,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment