Tales from the Appalachian Trail of service & sustainability, good people, and the bewildering cycle of life!

September 25, 2012

Goodbye Virginia!

Hello folks,

Short post this morn: sitting at Mojoe's Coffee shop in Damascus, Virginia. In 5 miles or so, I'll be across the border into Tennessee; yay! This brings great mental resolve, being that Virginia is the longest section on the entire trail.

For those keeping up with me - via the blog, cell phone, etc. - I apologize if I am slow to respond. I will say, however, that I will be even slower to respond via cell phone. My device took an unfortunate plunge into the toilet last night at the hostel here in town. I'm in the midst of "drying" it with rice, but am unsure of its future.

In the meantime, I'll be headed into Boone, NC - my old stomping grounds during Graduate School - tomorrow afternoon till Saturday morn. I'm very excited to be headed back to that special place.

I hope ya'll out there are doing well. If you'd like to help me out in my quest to maintain contact, please send me an email (aldsmith3@gmail.com) with your cell phone contact number. I am unsure if my phone will return to its normal duties, so I could be getting a new phone without numbers. I appreciate the help!

Stay warm in the lovely cool of fall,
Alan

PS, another post with pictures will be coming soon from Boone. Smiles!

No comments:

Post a Comment